Join me on INSTAGRAM, my name is ecuadorchick.

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Off to Loja

Dear Family and Friends,

I have kept my promise to myself. ....walking a good hour - four times a week. Chuck has kept his promise and joined me every Tues, Thurs, Sat, and Sun. So far, so good. I can really tell that my stamina has increased.

I have also kept my promise to myself regarding learning the language. I have enrolled in language school and will continue lessons twice a week until I am able to carry on a reasonable conversation with my neighbors. The number of lessons is not important, my criteria is the end result. It may take me a year, who knows? My school is about a half a block from where we live, so it is very convenient.

Chuck and I are leaving in the morning for a road trip in Puff-Puff. We had originally planned to go to Machala. But the road to Machala is covered by a huge landslide and we do not feel comfortable about the detour. We have decided to go to Loja instead. Chuck wants to get some more pottery from the university and I want to look at their dishes again.

Since we will be in Loja on Saturday and Sunday we will do our walking there. The only down side is that we will not be sharing our Sunday walk with Rich and Nancy.

We got an email this morning from Chuck's brother. It seems that a local newspaper in Seattle has done an article on my 96 year old father-in-law. It is a real nice article, except they made him 97. If you would like to read the article about Chuck's dad, you can do so by clicking here.

Have a good weekend!

Love,
Nancy (and Chuck)

1 comment:

  1. Safe travels and congrats on the walking and language learning. Poco a poco! Hasta pronto...Consuelo y Marco

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome.