Join me on INSTAGRAM, my name is ecuadorchick.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Dallas Report

Dear Family and Friends,

I arrived in Dallas on Wednesday about 20 minutes ahead of schedule. My sister-in-law, Nancy, met me in baggage claim. I was so glad to see her as I did not have a cell phone that would work in the U.S.

When we arrived home, I was surprised to find my brother, Norman, playing games on his computer in his office. He looked pretty good considering he was just a week from his by-pass surgery.


Nancy is a deacon at an Episcopal church here in Dallas. The church members have been so wonderful bringing dinners each evening.

I have been able to visit my mother who lives just a short drive from Norman's and Nancy's house. She is doing great. I took her shopping the other day and we had a wonderful time. Here she is playing BINGO at Autumn Leaves (her new home.)



Here is a picture one of her caregivers made of Norman, Mom and me.


Today, Nancy's mother and sister brought lunch. We had a wonderful meal and I really enjoyed meeting them. The first picture is of Nancy's mother, Nancy and Norman.



And this picture is of Nancy, Norman and Nancy's sister, Beverly.



This last picture is not for the faint of heart. I am using a Macintosh to put up this post and I do not know how to rotate the picture....probably a good thing. I asked Norman to show me his scar.


We have so much to be thankful for. My mom is 89 years old and except for her memory loss is in very good health. My brother has come through a very serious operation and is doing very well. I was able to come back and see them both.

I leave for Ecuador on Tuesday and arrive in Cuenca on Wednesday morning. I'm missing Chuck, but I will be back with him soon.

Love,
Nancy

2 comments:

  1. Safe travels to you, Nancy. What wonderful pictures of your family. Thank you for sharing them with us. We love and miss you! See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alot of Nancys in your family. My mother also had a triple bypass surgery many years ago. I guess they still can't do it any other way. It is great to see that he is doing so well!! Safe trip home! Sue

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome.