Join me on INSTAGRAM, my name is ecuadorchick.

Friday, February 11, 2011

Take a Deep Breath!

Dear Family and Friends,

It has been a long time since I last post on our blog. Quite a bit has been going on the past couple of weeks.

My brother, Norman, is continuing to heal and is doing very well. He and Nan, his wife, are planning a cruise at the end of March.

After returning to Cuenca, I started being very short of breath. I was wheezing and carrying on so that Chuck made an appointment with our doctor, Dr. Martinez.

I went for an exam and shared with Dr. Martinez the new development in my family history...Norman's quadruple by-pass surgery. He set up an ultrasonic-cardiogram and pulmonary test for me.

The ultrasonic-cardiogram showed that I have diastolic dysfunction. It can, however, be reversed with weight loss and lowering my blood pressure.

The pulmonary test showed that I have some asthma symptoms.

Dr. Martinez has me on medication to help my lungs and stronger medication for my blood pressure. He told me the weight loss is totally in my hands.

We decided to move back to our old condo because it is like comfort food. We were just camping out in the new place while we decorate it anyway. We have been back in our old condo for a week now. With the medication, my breathing is much better.


These are my new friends, a blood pressure monitor, medicine for my lungs and a mask to wear to help cut down on diesel fumes.

Things are coming along in our new condo. We have already connected Direct TV, internet, bought and installed all the appliances for the kitchen, washer and dryer and bought dining room furniture, a sofa, a television, and mattresses.

Being back in our old condo is good too. I don't have a panoramic view of the city, but the patio here is quite tranquil. I am doing much better. Weight loss and keeping my blood pressure down will help me feel even better.

Inhale.....ahhhhhhhh!

Love,
Nancy

6 comments:

  1. We are thinking of you! BIG HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see your post. Its been too quite from your end of the block! I bet you will have that BP down in no time... Hugs from down the block!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Becca and Karen. I already am feeling a lot better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom, Maybe for a little while you too WILL CHANGE YOUR DIET for a little while like I have had too. To salads and vegetables with lower salt content for a wee bit of time? I hoping anyway you'll consider it, Love Matt, your son

    ReplyDelete
  5. Matt, You can be sure I changed my eating habits as soon as I realized how much my health depended on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. MOM!!!!!!!!! why do i have to read this on your blog???!!!! I'm very glad you are doing much better now. Looking forward to seeing you in April. --Kylie

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome.