Join me on INSTAGRAM, my name is ecuadorchick.

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Catching Up - Fun with Family

Dear Family and Friends,

I had so much fun in the U.S. and such little time to spend with family that I put off posting about it until I got back to Ecuador.

After visiting with Kylie and Bryce in California, I flew to Texas to see my brother, sister-in-law and my mother.  My brother Norman is the one I visited last February when he had quadruple by-pass surgery.  He is doing great and I am happy to report that he feels like a new man.

 My mother is living in an assisted living facility just a few blocks from Norman and Nancy.  She likes where she lives and she is in good hands.  My mother has Alzheimer disease.  Every time I visit her I am not sure if she will know me.  Although she can't remember five minutes ago, she knew me when I walked into her room.  We had a grand reunion and I am happy that we could share this special time.  Norman, Mom and I went out to lunch and we went to a movie.  I hope to get back to see her in again in about 6 months. 

After a about three days in Dallas I flew to Columbus, Georgia to visit with my sister, Mary Anne, Larry, my brother in law and aunts and cousins.  I was only in Columbus a couple of days so my time was very limited.  I visited with my mother's sisters, Aunt Opal and Aunt Mildred and my cousin, Linda.  I had one day to shop for two large suitcases and fill them up with goods to bring back to Ecuador and one day to visit.  To all my family in Columbus that I did not see on this trip, I will be returning (maybe in February) and hope to stay longer and hug all of you.

This first picture is of my Aunt Opal and cousin Linda.  We had a great lunch together.


 This second picture, I had to take and post.  I guess it is a sign of the times in the U.S.  It was posted on a door of a restaurant in Columbus.
 

Thank you Mary Anne for chauffeuring me to what seemed like every store in Columbus.  I got all needed supplies and really enjoyed our time together.

I flew back to Ecuador on Tuesday.

Chuck drove Puff Puff to Quito to meet me.  We spent a day in Quito being tourists and now we are in northern Ecuador (almost to Colombia) visiting places we have not seen.

I will post about our Ecuador vacation next time.

Love,
Nancy

1 comment:

Comments are welcome.