Join me on INSTAGRAM, my name is ecuadorchick.

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Packing...Keeping it Compact

Dear Family and Friends,




First of all, I do not consider myself an expert on how to pack for a trip. Lord knows that I have done it enough times that I should be an expert.  There is one thing I have learned over the years.....I tend to over pack.

I was quite proud of myself traveling in Spain for six weeks through all sorts of weather using only a medium size suitcase.

This time we are going to the U.S. for five or six weeks.  Most of those weeks will be in late spring or summer like weather.  One week will be in ??????? weather.  We are taking a cruise from Seattle to Alaska.

Believe it or not, I was able to pack for our five weeks of warmer weather in a roll aboard size suitcase.  The middle size suitcase is for just one week...the cruise week.

Of course, I will be visiting with family all along this trip and will have the benefit of washers and dryers.  Also, since we will be in the U.S., I can easily get most anything that I need. Why pack it?

My justification for the mid size suitcase for the cruise is that NO ONE gets aboard a cruise ship with only a roll aboard suitcase.  It is just not done!

My backpack is needed to carry my computer and other items that I do not trust in the checked in luggage.

This means that I can buy a BIG suitcase to check back to Ecuador if I shop too much in the states.  

The next time I post will be from our first stop....Columbus, Georgia.

Love,
Nancy (and Chuck)

1 comment:

  1. You got to be the most adaptable packer I have ever met! Hugs to you both!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome.