Join me on INSTAGRAM, my name is ecuadorchick.

Monday, June 6, 2016

Sunday in the Park

Dear Family and Friends,

Chuck and I are getting settled back in Cuenca after such a long trip.  At this altitude, it takes me awhile to get up to speed.  We are also getting settled into our new condo.

Sunday we went to the central park (Parque Calderon) in Cuenca because the weather was beautiful and we needed to get some exercise.

I am sharing some pictures I took while we were there.

This is just one section of the park, but you can see the weather was perfect.


I saw this precious little boy petting the stuffed horse.  The stuffed horses are in the park on the weekends.  Photographers use them for making pictures.


Here is a man relaxing as he is making jewelry.


I am pretty sure these ladies are from Canar.  Sundays are a lot of fun because many people come to town.


Our cathedral was as beautiful as ever.  The weather was perfect for taking pictures.

I don't know if you can see it without clicking on the picture to enlarge it, but between the two towers on the cathedral is a statue of a woman and child.


Here is a close up.  The statue is Santa Anna (Mary's mother) and possibly the child may be the virgin Mary.


Like every other Sunday, the people coming out of services from the cathedral are tempted with many sweets.  This meringue confection is very popular here, it is dipped up and served in cones...like ice cream.


A fun way to enjoy the beautiful weather.

Love,
Nancy

2 comments:

  1. It's not just the little kids who per the stuffed horses...you know I can never resist them!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome.