Join me on INSTAGRAM, my name is ecuadorchick.

Sunday, February 8, 2009

A Special Week

Dear Family and Friends,

Chuck and I have had a terrific week with my mother, brother and sister-in-law here this past week. Their visit was short, but it was so nice.

One thing that made their visit so special is that as kids growing up in Columbus, Georgia, we were not rich, maybe not even middle class. My mom and dad worked hard and gave us a happy home. As kids, it was not even in our wildest dreams that we would one day have the opportunity to travel out of the South, much less out of the U.S. and this week we were together in South America!!

It is also poignant because my Mom is 87 years old and she has Alzheimers disease. She knew she was visiting us, but truly she did not realize the magnitude of her trip. I am so thankful to Norman and Nancy for bringing her down with them.

Here is a picture of Norman, Nan and Mom on the porch of our condo building.


We ate out most all our meals. We took them to the Tutti Freddo ice cream parlor at Parque Calderon the first night they were here. Norman loved their ice cream so much that we went there every evening after.


Here is a picture of Mom, Nan and Norman in front of our condo as we waited for a taxi.


Friday, we took the private van back to Guayaquil to see them off. We stayed at the Hotel Continental again. We really enjoyed this hotel. The rooms are nice and they include an extensive free breakfast buffet.

Below is Chuck grazing the selections.

Here we are together just before they left for the airport.

Chuck and I had planned to leave Guayaquil and go to the beach for a couple of days. We changed our minds and headed back to Cuenca because we both woke up with intestinal problems.

We were glad to get back home.

Here is one last picture. I made this of Mom the night before she left. Isn't she beautiful?


I love you Mom!!

Tomorrow is a very special day for Chuck and I. We are getting our cedulas. That means we will be Ecuadorian residents. A cedula is like a green card in the U.S.

Life is Good!

Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome.