Join me on INSTAGRAM, my name is ecuadorchick.

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Our Thanksgiving in Cuenca, Ecuador

Dear Family and Friends,

Many of you wonder if and how we celebrated Thanksgiving in Ecuador. Let me share with you our Thanksgiving celebration today.

We had a gathering of over 100 people at the California Kitchen. They served a Thanksgiving buffet that was as good as any I have had back in the U.S.

Just like in the U.S., it was a time for giving thanks and sharing with our friends. Our friends are like family here.




Did we have a good time? You bet!!

What is Thanksgiving without children? Johnny, son of Bill and Loretta, was our token child. He felt right at home with all us old folks.


Here is part of the line of people patiently waiting to get their turn at the buffet.


And what did we have to eat? Well, due to the hungry crowd, I chose to just take a picture of my plate. As you can see, we celebrated well.


I went upstairs to take a picture of the scene below. All the folks enjoying their Thanksgiving meal in the beautiful courtyard of the California Kitchen.


I took a photo of some of the desserts available. What you see is what was left after everyone was so full that they could not hold another bite. We did not miss out on anything.





While we were all gathered together, Kathy Wesson, introduced herself and made a presentation about an orphanage that has very special needs. You can read about this by clicking here.

So you see, we did not miss out on Thanksgiving dinner here. We did miss having our loved ones close however. That, my friend, is the hardest part of being an expat.

Love,
Nancy (and Chuck)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the link about CORFRA. We so greatly appreciate the response to help the children with monetary donations and the angels. What a wonderful group we have here! Also, I'm glad you got pictures of the delicious food, I failed to do so.

    Happy Thanksgiving,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see pics of so many of our friends enjoying the fellowship of Thanksgiving. Thanks a lot for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome.