Join me on INSTAGRAM, my name is ecuadorchick.

Monday, November 22, 2010

This and That in Our World

Dear Family and Friends,

It seems like a long time since I have posted on our blog. We have been busy, but honestly, I am never too busy to take a little time to share with you. Maybe I just have had a bit of writer's block. At any rate, I will share a few pictures with you regarding what has been happening with us.

Audrey, Chuck's sister, and Jim, her husband were here for a couple of weeks recently. They had their friends, Jeff and Lynda from Santa Rosa, California meet them here. Since Audrey and Jim were sharing Cuenca with their friends, they rented the Adobe. The Adobe worked out perfect for them as it had two bedrooms and was right in the center of the action. You can see some pictures of their experience by going to Audrey's blog. click here

While they were here in Cuenca, Chuck and Clarke lined up a zip line trip. Here they are waiting at the California Kitchen for everyone to arrive for the upcoming adventure.


They enjoyed the festivities of Cuenca Independence and Chuck took them on a day trip to see the orchids outside of Gualaceo.

Just before they left Cuenca they treated us to dinner at Tiestos.


Chuck and I meet people in Cuenca who have come to check it out. Some end up moving here. Here are some folks, now our friends, who sought us out. We shared some time with them while they were visiting.

From left to right: me, Brad, the famous Carol of California Kitchen, Brad's dad, Don and Cindy. We enjoyed a delightful lunch together.


Karen Kimbler has recently returned from her trip to the U.S. We are so happy to have her back. We celebrated with a wonderful dinner at the California Kitchen.


The other day I caught Chuck out standing in our garden. I grabbed the camera because this is as close as he can get to farming in Cuenca. Chuck is in his element digging in the dirt.



We ride the city buses here quite often. But it is important to be cognizant of the time of day when riding the bus. At some times it is just too crowded......as in the picture below. I was sitting toward the front of the bus. I turned and snapped this picture. The bottom line is since I must exit out the back door of the bus, when the bus came to my stop I couldn't get out. I just rode it to the end of the line and got out on the return trip.


I don't think I have shared the pictures below before. They are some fun pictures I dug up of Jenny and Chris Bluefields, owners of the Kookaburra restaurant. The first is of Jenny, Jason and beautiful Donna.

This picture is of Chris chatting with Barbara Adams.


Both Jenny and Chris are beautiful people. Such an asset for Cuenca.

Well, that's about it. Just a few things that have been happening in our lives lately.

We are looking forward to celebrating Thanksgiving at the California Kitchen with friends on Thursday. We have so much to be thankful for.

Happy Thanksgiving to you too.

Hugs,

Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome.