Join me on INSTAGRAM, my name is ecuadorchick.

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Zion National Park

After visiting Bryce Canyon, Chuck and I headed to Zion National Park. We arrived at the park just as the sun was starting to set. Our planned timing worked very well for us.

When we were at Bryce Canyon, it was so beautiful that I told Chuck "Let's just stay here, we can skip Zion." I didn't think it could be as grand as what were had experienced at Bryce and the Grand Canyons. Chuck disagreed, he said we are this close, we must do Zion too.

I am so glad he wanted to come to Zion. It was just as wonderful as the two previous national parks. Each park has it's own unique beauty. They are all three a "must see."


One wonderful think about Zion is that it is much lower than the other two parks, so the leaves on the trees were still very colorful.

We rode through the park, found a place to stay and got up early the next morning to enjoy the sunrise.

There are huge rocks jutting up and they all seem to be made of a different stone. I'm not a geologist, but these parks could certainly inspire one to study it.


The rising sunlight on the side of the canyon walls made for sum nice designs.



Here we are just after coming through the tunnel. There is a long tunnel that is cut right through the rock. It is very, very long. I was glad to get through it.


Here are more beautiful trees with the canyon walls as a backdrop.


Probably my favorite picture of Zion. This scene can be seen while standing on the bridge.


After exploring Zion, we headed back to Las Vegas. We flew home with empty pockets and full hearts.

Our daughter, Kylie arrives this Monday and we will be celebrating Thanksmas this Thursday since Chuck and I will be in Cuenca for Christmas this year.

Enjoy your thankful Thanksgiving.

Nancy and Chuck

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome.