Join me on INSTAGRAM, my name is ecuadorchick.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Back in Cuenca

Dear Family and Friends,

I returned from the U.S. on Saturday. Chuck met me in Guayaquil at the airport. It was so good to see him waiting for me with a big smile on his face. We have been separated too much over the last couple of months. I am so happy to be back with him where I belong.

My trip back to the states was so that I could accompany Matt back home. Going through immigration is a big thing and I determined long ago that when he comes to visit I will accompany him both ways. He had a wonderful visit and he took over 700 pictures with his new digital camera.

While in the U.S. I stayed with my friend, Glenda. Glenda is now living in our house in Richland. We have one large back room that contains all our furnishings (may need to stage the house when we sell it in the future) and a murphy bed. It is a bit crowded, but sleeping among familiar items provides some comfort.

It was a funny feeling going back home to a house that is not really ours anymore. The house has different furnishings and it is starting to take on a new life. I had to mentally shift away the feelings that I was in Glenda's space.

Over the few days that I was back there, I visited with friends and family. Only a little time for each but it was nice to do so.


The weather back there is getting real nice. Randy and Karen had several of us over for dinner and of course wine. They are moving forward in their plans to relocate here after they retire. They are putting their house on the market in June.

Before I returned Ecuador, Glenda gave me some sage to burn in our condo to remove any negative energy. I have enough to last for a good long time.

The first few days after returning to Cuenca I was completely exhausted. I told Chuck that I needed some quiet time to rejuvenate from the past couple of months. It took me three days to unpack. My full suit cases set in the guest bedroom fully packed. Only yesterday did I finally get them all unpacked. I am glad I took some time to get centered before jumping into my daily life here. I feel like my old self again.

Just before I left to take Matt home, Chuck and I picked out tile for our patio. We are going to have part of it enclosed, but before we can do that we want to add some tile to enhance it. Chuck and I shopped and shopped and came up with the best match we could find. Now that Hugo is putting it in it seems a little too dark. However, I think it will look nice when it is complete.


Last night we had dinner with Brian and Shelly. They had another couple who are from Florida and are planning to retire here soon. The couple are in the process of buying a home on seven acres about an hour south of Cuenca. It is fun visiting with folks who are at the same stage we were not long ago. You could really feel their excitment.

Chuck and I are planning on going to ex-pat night this Friday. We haven't been in a couple of months. We want to see everyone and catch up on the news around here.

I apologize to those of you who follow this blog for my erratic postings the last couple of months. I am now back in the saddle and look forward to sharing our lives in Cuenca with you.

I'm headed off to the Wednesday morning market. Fresh fruits, vegetables and some shrimp.

Happy Day

Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome.