Join me on INSTAGRAM, my name is ecuadorchick.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Aromatic Tea

Dear Family and Friends,

This morning Chuck and I went to the market. Chuck wanted to get his shoes shined (50 cents), buy a new plant for the patio ($1.50) and six bouquets of cut flowers for the house ($11.00). While there, I bought a bundle of herbs (50 cents) for making tea. I had heard about this from my friend, Nancy. She said all you do is put the herbs in boiling water and let them steep.

When we returned home, I asked Lourdes to show how to make tea with the herbs. She washed the flowers and greenery, boiled water, put them in and let them steep. Very easy.


Now we have a pitcher of beautiful pink aromatic tea.

This is served hot in a cup just like a cup of any tea. I poured some in a glass so you can see the pretty color.


We have enough tea now for the rest of the week.

Nancy

2 comments:

  1. Does it taste as good as it looks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually it tastes quite good. We added lemon and a little sugar.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome.