Join me on INSTAGRAM, my name is ecuadorchick.

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Cuenca IS Changing

Dear Family and Friends,

Cuenca now has a Burger King, Pizza Hut, KFC, McDonalds and a Subway.  Except for McDonalds, the U.S. chain restaurants are located in shopping centers.

McDonalds built their first restaurant, which opened recently, in the new town part of Cuenca.  This caused some controversy amongst the ex-pat community.

Now we have a U.S. chain restaurant, Subway, coming to the heart of the historic district of Cuenca.    Less than one block from the Parque Calderon, the main plaza.

I imagine there will be some controversy about this.

Personally, I see this as an inevitable change as Cuenca welcomes back Ecuadorians returning home after living for years in the U.S.  Personally, I really like the salads that Subway makes.  I'm sure I will be a frequent customer.


Love,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome.