Join me on INSTAGRAM, my name is ecuadorchick.

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Never too Old

Dear Family and Friends,

Coming to Cuenca, Ecuador from the USA, I am always intrigued by seeing store fronts like these radio and TV repair shops.



In the USA we live in a disposable society.  Don't bother to repair...just buy a new one.

This made me think about humans.  In the USA old people are often put aside in nursing and old age homes.  In Cuenca old people live with their families.  Valued and loved.

When the repair shop owner saw me taking a picture of his shop, he pointed out his prized piece.  A 70 year old German radio.  He said it still plays.


This is one thing I love about the culture here in Ecuador.  And the older I get the more I like it.

Love,
Nancy











No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome.