Join me on INSTAGRAM, my name is ecuadorchick.

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Australia - Brisbane's Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary


Dear Family and Friends,

Holding a Koala was one of the things I wanted to do most while we were in Australia.

My wish was fulfilled at the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary in Brisbane.





Not only did we see Koalas we saw many other animals native to Australia.



We were able to walk amongst many of the animals. This little girl is not one bit afraid of the Emu.


Neither was Chuck.  I love this picture.


This is a Dingo. He looks just like a dog to me. I have heard of Dingoes but was surprised to actually see one.


This is a Tasmanian Devil. He was all crunched up sleeping so I took a picture of the picture that was on his enclosure so you could see that he doesn't look at all like the cartoon character bearing his name.



This is an interesting bird native to Australia. It is a Tawny Frogmouth. Never heard of him before. He is a bird of prey and is nocturnal like an owl.


These two birds are Kookaburras. We used to sing about them sitting in a gum tree when I was in girl scouts.


A Kookaburra closeup.


This beautiful Australian native bird is a Pink Cockatoo.


It was wonderful seeing so many Australian animals and birds in one venue. I am so glad we chose this excursion.

As you can see, Koalas sleep al lot. Our guide told us it is because they eat the Eucalyptus tree leaves which has the effect on them as if they smoked pot.

Enjoy your sleep little one. 



In my next post I will share about our first time in Sydney.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome.