Join me on INSTAGRAM, my name is ecuadorchick.

Friday, August 17, 2018

Birds of Prey Sanctuary

Dear Family and Friends,

When I looked at the date of my last post I sucked wind!  If anyone thought that I had passed on, I certainly understand.

To be truthful, I have been down.  I have been battling inflammation that was caused from poor eating habits.  A change in my diet and lots of turmeric have me feeling much better. 

Chuck and I went on a tour to Tarqui yesterday.  Tarqui is a town not far from Cuenca.  We went first to the Yurak Allpa Animal Rescue Center and then near by to Cetreria House, a sanctuary for birds of prey.

Today, I am sharing pictures of Chuck at the bird sanctuary.  These are wild birds that have been injured or were illegally kept as pets.  The sanctuary rehabilitates them and then releases them in their natural habitat.  It takes months to years to rehabilitate them so that they can go free.

Chuck, along with many of the other tour participants, volunteered to let the birds sit on their gloved arm.  The one Chuck is holding is their largest bird, an eagle, and the bird will be released into the wild next month.









Below is the professional bird handler showing off another bird.



It was an incredible tour.  This tour was put together by Sole of La Yunta.  She does many tours but this one is the most requested.  If you live in the area and have not taken this tour, I highly recommend it.  She does it from time to time and you can get the details when she posts on Gringo Post.

Tomorrow, I will share pictures of the animals at the rescue center.

Love,
Nancy

1 comment:

  1. Great shots of Chuck with the eagle! Looking forward to more…

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome.