Join me on INSTAGRAM, my name is ecuadorchick.

Friday, August 31, 2018

Quick trip to U.S. for Family Gatherings

Dear Family and Friends,

Chuck and I returned yesterday from the U.S.  We made a quick trip to visit with family.  My brother came from Texas while we were in Georgia.  It was so great having all us kids together.

Here is some of what we did.

We went to visit Aunt Opal on Thursday.  Aunt Opal came to visit us in Cuenca six years ago.  At that time she was 87 years old.  She has always been a special aunt.  Last May she fell and broke her pelvis and shoulder.  She was on total bed rest for about 6 weeks.  Quite frankly, we did not know if she would be bed ridden the rest of her life.  She is 93 years old.  

Aunt Opal is a miracle.  Not only is she not bed ridden, she is walking about with the help of a walker.  She looks great.  I am sharing these pictures because many of you remember Aunt Opal from her visit with us.




I cannot tell you how happy we were to see her doing so well.

On Friday my cousin, Linda, put together a luncheon for cousins from my mother's side of the family.  Linda is on the right in the picture below.  Sandy is in the middle. She is Aunt Opal's daughter.  


 On Saturday we went to the Powers Family reunion.  This is the family from my father's side.  There were 98 people present at this reunion.  What a joyful time.

Below is a picture of my cousins Sue and Pat.  



Joy is the oldest of us cousins.


Here is my brother, Norman, and our cousin Jim.  


The reunion was catered by Country's Barbecue.  So southern and so wonderful.


On Sunday we flew to Minnesota.  On Monday we went to the Minnesota state fair.  Here are a couple of pictures of our granddaughter, Bethany Paige performing in the 4-H performance.



On Tuesday we drove to visit the other grandchildren and Merri.  We had a nice lunch together and enjoyed playing games. Sadly, I forgot to take pictures.

On Wednesday we flew back to Ecuador.

A whirl wind trip filled with family.

Now we have one month to get ready for our trip to Italy.

Love,
Nancy

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I loved seeing the photos of Aunt Opal. I just fell In Love with her when she came to Ecuador.
    And off you go on another adventure, what part of Italy this time? Will this make 100% of Italy that you have visited. Have a wonderful trip. Miss you so much.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome.