Join me on INSTAGRAM, my name is ecuadorchick.

Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Indoor/Outdoor Mall in Chiclayo

Dear Family and Friends,

We took the bus from Trujillo to Chiclayo.  It was a direct double deck bus...very comfortable.  Comfortable to enjoy the ride but very bad for taking pictures.  I was shocked and appalled by what we saw but could not photograph it because our seats were not in a good place.  

Today we went to the bus station to buy our return tickets to Trujillo and we picked out special seats that should allow me to make pictures and let you know a dirty reality of Peru.

For now we are in Chiclayo, the fourth largest city in Peru.  

When traveling we like to shop at grocery stores to see what foods the people that live there eat.  

Today we went to a nice indoor/outdoor mall.  A very unique place.  I was surprised to find that many stores in that mall were name brands that I recognized.  Unlike in Ecuador where the stores are not the same brands as in the USA.

Here are some examples:






All of these stores were located in this shopping mall.  I was surprised to see an ECCO shoe store.  I went inside and I noticed the shoes did not have ECCO inside them but another name.  Uh Oh.  Not sure what is going on but I bet ECCO does not know about this.

Here are some US eateries in their food court.









We tried the Popeyes.  Wo ordered chicken and coleslaw.  The chicken was good, but the coleslaw was wicked.  Too runny.  I must say, I am not a lover of Peruvian food so even the wicked coleslaw was a nice break.

Here is the outside part of the mall.  



A very nice layout.  We enjoyed seeing how these people shop.  I think they enjoy US foods.  The lines were longer at USA eateries than any of the others.

More tomorrow.

Love,

Nancy

2 comments:

Comments are welcome.