Join me on INSTAGRAM, my name is ecuadorchick.

Thursday, July 14, 2022

The Cliffs of Moher and a delightful Folk Park

Dear Family and Friends,

Today we made two main stops.  The first was at the Cliffs of Moher.  

I enjoyed the visit, but in order to share the pictures with you, I needed to find out what is so special about these cliffs.  What I learned is the Cliffs have been carved by eons of time, weather and ocean into the fantastic shapes and formations.

I found it interesting, but I would not recommend this as a must see sight in Ireland.  There are so many other sights and this one is not a show stopper.  (MY OPINION ONLY)



The second stop of this day was to Bunratty Castle and a fun Folk Park

Before taking our self guided tour, Chuck and I went to have some lunch.  

I have heard about taking the high road and low road to Scotland, but I never thought I would actually be walking on it.  Here is a picture standing next to the low road sign.


Although, we didn't eat there, I am sharing this photo of Durty Nelly's Pub.  It claims to have been around since 1610.




We had limited time and I knew I wanted to spend my time in the Folk Park.  Chuck was more interested in seeing the castle, so we divided up and conquered them both.  Chuck went to the castle and I spent time in the Folk Park.

Here is the castle Chuck explored.


The Folk Park is like walking back in time in a small Irish village.  I thoroughly enjoyed walking around and I especially liked taking photos.

This is a thatched roof house, I love that I caught the chicken crossing the road.


I think this would have been a Gypsy wagon.  Also known as Travelers. 




The walking paths were tree lined and as most everything in Ireland such a beautiful shady green.


Next I found the village church.




Here is an old farm house.



And this house belonged to a wealthier person, maybe a merchant.



I even ran into the constable.



It was the kind of day that was easy to do.  Not a lot of walking up and down hills and I was able to set my own pace.

Again, I am not sure what tomorrow will bring, but I will take you along.

Love,
Nancy

4 comments:

Comments are welcome.