Join me on INSTAGRAM, my name is ecuadorchick.

Saturday, July 16, 2022

Walking Killarney, Ireland

Dear Family and Friends,

After we returned from our beautiful trip around the Ring of Kerry, Chuck and I decided to walk into town and have some dinner.

I will share some photos of downtown Killarney.  This is obviously a tourist town.  We only walked up and down a few blocks before succumbing to hunger.

Here are some of the photos I made.

First off, I don't think I have shared with you photos of the deep colored hydrangeas.  I have never seen hydrangeas this dark.  They are beautiful.


A church steeple towering above the businesses just before we got into town.


The downtown is full of souvenir shops, bars, restaurants and, right now, tourists.



I was impressed with this refurbished telephone booth.  It now houses a defibrillator.  Such a clever idea.

This store gets lots of tourist traffic.  


We went into a souvenir shop and looked around.  

Here is a ceramic Celtic cross.



These cups really struck my funny bone.



Oh my!  I think I am beginning to read Irish.  😄


I know I share with you all pictures of what we consume.  If this is TMI, just let me know.

Tonight, I had a cider

and some calamari.  It was very delicious.


Chuck had a Killarney beer,


and delicious fish and chips.  


After our walk back to our hotel, I worked on blog posts and Chuck relaxed and read.  

Tomorrow...the Blarney Stone!

Love,
Nancy














No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome.