Join me on INSTAGRAM, my name is ecuadorchick.

Monday, November 7, 2022

Will I know when it is time to close this blog?

Dear Family and Friends,

Hello my friends.  It has been a long time since I have contributed anything to this blog.  The other day I was about ready to write a final goodbye post and put this blog to rest.  Then I remembered we have an upcoming trip to Mexico.  I also remembered why I created this blog in the first place, back in 2007.  The reason I created this blog, when we first moved to Ecuador, was because I wanted a way to share the pictures I was taking with my family and friends.  

For those of you who are as ancient as me, you will remember back in the old days when taking photos involved using a film camera and in order to see our photos we had to have them developed.  We ended up with an envelope of photos of an event or a trip.  We loved showing them to our friends.  We didn't just hand them the envelope and say look at these photos of my trip or whatever.  Well, at least I didn't, I stood right there as they looked through the photos telling the story behind each picture.  (who, what and where).

When we first went to Ecuador I was so excited about all the new and wonderful things we were encountering, that I wanted to share the photos I was taking.  Not only share the pictures, but share the stories behind the pictures.  

Chuck encouraged me to write a blog so I could share not only my photos but share what the pictures were about, etc.  With his help I got it up and running. This blog is now about fourteen years old.  I was pretty faithful about sharing our lives and travels until the Covid lockdown.  I have talked about this in the past so I won't rehash that.  I did enjoy posting this year when we returned to the U.S. for a very special wedding, a graduation and taking Matt to Minnesota for his vacation and also when we went to Peru and to Ireland.  

After we returned from these trips we settled down in Cuenca to be homebodies until mid-October.  

This brings me back around to our Mexico trip.  As I said, I had been thinking of posting a goodbye post and closing the blog.  But when I thought about traveling to Mexico and not having a venue to post photos and tell all about our trip, I realized that I need this blog.  I may not be consistent about posting, but when the enthusiasm to share floods out of me, I am so thankful I have a place to share all about our trip with you, pictures and story.  

Since I have not been on Facebook or any other social media for a few months, I want to share what is going on in our lives, but this is for tomorrow.  For now, I've talked enough, don't want to bore you.  

Love you,

Nancy

PS:  Here is a recent photo.  


 



6 comments:

  1. wild Bill Ginn has really enjoyed 'seeing' the sights with y`all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bill. I hope you will continue to enjoy our adventures!

      Delete
  2. my favorite goofballs, even goofier in Tucson!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh0h! Are you saying we have a reputation??? (LOL)

      Delete
  3. I need a caption with the photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The next post should explain it. We were at a wedding celebration of our granddaughter. Costumes were requested. It was Halloween weekend.

      Delete

Comments are welcome.