Join me on INSTAGRAM, my name is ecuadorchick.

Monday, February 2, 2009

People at the Paute Sunday Market

Dear Family and Friends,

As promised I am going to share pictures that I made of some people at the Paute Sunday market.

This is a lady buying bread.


This is probably a family that has come to town to shop. They are probably waiting for a ride back home.


Across the street was a couple of ladies visiting with each other. The lady seated is a vendor of some sort of wholesale goods.


I noticed that the white hats that most of the people in Paute wore are just a little different than the white hats worn by the indigenous in Cuenca. In Cuenca the hats are not quite as high and the brims are a little wider.

I caught this lady sitting alone. Watching her made me a little sad.


But that didn't last long, because when I looked her way again this is what I saw!


All was well! Ice cream is very popular down here.

Here are a couple of other people I saw at the market. Oh my, they are one of us. Yes, this is Audrey and Jim on our way to the outdoor restaurant for lunch.

We are so blessed to be surrounded by such a wonderful sea of humanity!

Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome.