Join me on INSTAGRAM, my name is ecuadorchick.

Friday, March 6, 2009

My Son is Much Improved

Dear Family and Friends,

First of all I want to report that my son Michael is much improved. His body has responded to the antibiotics and he is better.

Secondly, I would like to express my heartfelt thanks to all of you for the prayers and emails.

The first of the week was a very difficult time for us. We found out on Sunday night that Michael was in the hospital. He was diagnosed with Cellulitus. His right leg was red and swollen all the way to his hip. The doctors did tests to determine what the source of the infection was. The concern was that the bacteria would get into his blood stream and infect his internal organs.

I flew out Monday night for home. I arrived in Richland about 2:00 pm on Wednesday and went straight to the hospital. I found that he was responding well and that he had been moved out of critical care.

He is now at home recovering.

I am keeping my grandchildren with me so he can have quiet time. His wife, Kathie, needs time to recoup also. She had a rough week, shuffling children, work and a critically ill husband.

Again, thank you so much for all the love and prayers.

Love,

Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome.