Join me on INSTAGRAM, my name is ecuadorchick.

Thursday, March 12, 2009

My other identity is MIMI

Dear Family and Friends,

I am at our house in Richland, WA. Before we left for Ecuador, we discontinued our phone service, our internet service and shut off the water to the house.

I arrived in Richland last week to find Michael doing very well and responding beautifully to the antibiotics being fed to him through the IV's.


Here I am with him before he left the hospital.

I have been mothering my grandchildren this past week. This made it much easier for their mother and for Michael to come home from the hospital and get the rest he needed to continue to get well.

These two grandkids are ages 8 and 5. They have grown up in the world of modern technology. They watch DVD's, play games on X box or whatever they call the gaming systems, watch cable TV programs and on and on for entertainment.

Well, at Mimi's house (that's me Mimi) there was no TV, no DVD player, no internet, not even a computer. We dug out the Lego set from years gone by and I bought some childrens books and coloring books and crayons and we had a wonderful time excisting in the world of make believe.



I turned my livingroom into the playroom and did not worry about stepping over half completed Lego objects. We had a wonderful week together and now that they are back with their Mom and Dad, I miss them terribly.

Thanks to Skype, Chuck and I talk daily or several times a day via phone. He is in Ecuador for now but has a business trip to Germany towards the end of this month.

In order to save money, I will just stay here until he arrives around the first of April. I do hope to make a few trips before he comes and I will share those trips with you.

I am using my friend's computer to post to the blog. Since I am now living low tech, it is a little more difficult to keep it updated, but I will try to keep it updated at least weekly.

Again, thank you so much for your emails, words of encouragement and your prayers.

Nancy

1 comment:

  1. Nancy,This is Jackie, here in Kennewick, I just went on and saw your posts.. I am SO glad your son is doing well, that must have been tough. I am glad you got to enjoy your grandkids:) Please if all goes well, lets meet at a Starbucks or some easy place while you are "home" again, I am glad things are well.
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome.