Join me on INSTAGRAM, my name is ecuadorchick.

Monday, December 21, 2009

Peace March - We Joined In

Dear Family and Friends,

Since we have returned from the Galapagos I have started exercising more. In fact, I have walked to town (about 2K) several times this past week. I've learned that if I get an early start (8:00 - 9:00 am) then the walk is more comfortable because on a sunny day it can get quite warm.

As you probably already know from reading this blog, Cuenca is a city of many parades. One of the rewards I have received from my morning walks is witnessing some of them.

Garbage Truck Parade

Last Wednesday morning when I walked to town, I arrived just in time to see the tail end of the new garbage trucks being paraded through the town center. These are fancy trucks, they have a place for regular garbage and a place for recyclables.


Last Friday the World March for Peace and Nonviolence passed through Cuenca on its way to a conclusion in northern Argentina. This march began in New Zealand Oct. 2, and has passed through more than 90 countries.

Several of us like minded gringos joined in the march. Rich, Nancy, Chuck and I went early to have coffee and watch the parade assemble.


Many school children joined in the march.


Here we are bringing up the rear.



We all felt good marching and showing our support for such a noble cause.


We send our hope of peace throughout the world.

Nancy and Chuck

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome.