Join me on INSTAGRAM, my name is ecuadorchick.

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Back Home in Cuenca

Dear Family and Friends,

After enjoying the Grand Canyon, Kylie and I drove to Las Vegas. As soon as we arrived, I put the camera away and went straight to work.

First, I withdrew $200 for gambling money. Next, Kylie and I hit the slot machines. I was there for one evening and one full day before I had to fly out. I prayed that the $200 would last because one of the worst feelings in the world is to be in Las Vegas completely broke.

We stayed downtown at the Golden Nugget. We did all our gambling on Freemont street. I lost and won, lost and won. By the time Kylie took me to the airport on Thursday morning, I had lost a total of $40. I was content, because I was going home with most of the $200 left in my pocket.

Kylie and I had a great trip. It was a very special "mother/daughter" time and I am so happy that she invited me to take the trip with her.

She is heading on toward San Francisco, where she will be stationed in the Coast Guard for the next couple of years.

I flew from Las Vegas, through Houston, to Quito. On Friday I flew into Cuenca.

Chuck met me at the airport and we had a joyful reunion.

Now I am back home and once again getting adjusted to the altitude and a 6:30 pm sunset. Tomorrow, I will be here to take our Sunday walk.

Life is good.

Love,
Nancy

PS: I changed the blog style as you most likely noticed. It is still the same old blog but I hope that the change will make it easier for you to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome.