Join me on INSTAGRAM, my name is ecuadorchick.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Old Tradition being Documented on Film

Dear Family and Friends,

We had Karen, Randy and Fernando over for hamburgers last night.  I think I poisoned everyone.  I was up all night with a sick stomach.  The leftovers we put away last night are going into the garbage this morning. Sorry guys!

Lourdes (our beloved housekeeper) cleans our new condo on Wednesdays.  She is bringing her husband and mother-in-law for coffee this morning at our new condo.  William's mother is the lovely lady that hosted Chuck and I on our visit to Santa Rosa last year. 

Chuck found a very interesting site on the internet.  It is about some people who are making a documentary.  They are in a little village in Ecuador filming the last remnants of a tradition of going up on the volcano to get ice.  The ice is then sold in the village for making ice cream and fruit drinks.

I think it will be a very interesting documentary.  To see more click here.  You can be part of this if you would like to donate to the cause.

The picture below is of our newest automated statue in Cuenca.  He is located right by the new cathedral and we saw him on our Sunday morning walk with Rich and Nancy. We dropped some coins in his can and enjoyed his antics.


Have a great day everyone.

Love,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome.