Join me on INSTAGRAM, my name is ecuadorchick.

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Pukeko - Swamp Hen

Dear Family and Friends,

I showed you a picture of a stuffed toy bird awhile back.  I named it the Red Footed Bluebie.

Since we have been in New Zealand we have seen many versions of Pukeko, this bird's real name.







He seems to be very popular.  He is unique to New Zealand and we are told that he can easily be seen by the side of the road.  We have looked and looked and have yet to see him.

Here is a link so that you can see what we are looking for.  click here

Hopefully we will spot him before we leave.

Love,
Nancy

1 comment:

  1. That last one is the most attractive to me.
    Pity, it is too big for your luggage.
    You might not realize, but every home
    is improved by the presence of benign animals. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome.