Join me on INSTAGRAM, my name is ecuadorchick.

Friday, June 7, 2013

FOTO FRIDAY - 6/7/13

Dear Family and Friends,

Are you old enough to remember when we could buy little turtles like these in the U.S.? Some had pictures painted on their shells.  I also remember that at Easter season you could also buy little chicks that had been dyed pastel colors.

I never had a turtle, but the little chick I had grew up and molted its feathers everywhere.  What a mess!  Had to give it to a friend who raised chickens.  Sad day for me.

When we were in Japan I saw these little fellows for sale and childhood memories flooded back.

At the time this photo was taken (2005) the U.S. dollar equaled 100 Japanese Yen making these little guys about $8 each.


Love,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome.