Join me on INSTAGRAM, my name is ecuadorchick.

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Roses, Roses and Blue Roses

Dear Family and Friends,

One of Ecuador's major exports is roses.  Roses are grown in green houses and shipped all over the world.  The roses in the U.S. most likely come from here.

One of the nice things about living here is that roses are inexpensive compared to the prices we would pay in the U.S.  We can buy a dozen beautiful foses for $2 to $3 a dozen.

I was walking by the flower market the other day and saw these roses sitting on a bench.


On the other side of the bench I surprised to see these dark blue roses.


Roses in a bucket, sold by the each...


Look at these delicate blue roses....


I don't know how they grow blue roses, but I am glad they do.

Love,
Nancy

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nancy, as far as I know, blue roses were made by placing a blue dye into the bark of the roots because blue roses doesn't really exist in nature. =) that is all I know as what our florist say.. hehe anyway, you do have a lovely pictures. Ecuadorian roses are my favorite flowers and also pink tulips.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome.