Join me on INSTAGRAM, my name is ecuadorchick.

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Theodore Roosevelt National Park - Wild Horses

Dear Family and Friends,

We got an extra special experience on this trip that we did not expect.

As we were riding through the park we saw a group of horses.  There was a truck parked along the side of the road and a woman was walking down the middle of the road with a camera and talking loudly.

I thought to myself, I wish she wouldn't talk so loud, she will scare the horses away before I can get any pictures.

Chuck parked our car and Matt and I got out to photograph the horses.  The lady came up to me and started telling us all about the wild horses in front of us.  It turns out that she comes here a couple of times each year to photograph them.  She has a Facebook page sharing her photos.

https://www.facebook.com/WildInNorthDakota

Apparently these horses feel good vibes from her.  She has been around them so often they seem to recognize her and her voice.

Thanks to Eileen Norton, I was able to get the following photos.  I know the horses would have run away from us if it weren't for her.





















This was one of the best days of our trip.

Love,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome.