Join me on INSTAGRAM, my name is ecuadorchick.

Saturday, January 27, 2018

San Xavier del Bac Mission and Unexpected Fortune

Dear Family and Friends,

On another day we went to San Xavier del Bac Mission, an old Spanish mission, founded in 1692.

This is the view of the mission from the parking lot.



The interior of the church.  It is in the process of being restored and it is quite beautiful.

This is a side alter.  The virgin Mary is still in her Christmas clothing.


The frescos and architecture were awesome.



A wall surrounding the mission with a cactus garden.  I love the pink cactus.


Chuck, with his sister, Audrey outside the chapel.


Audrey and Jim live in a small community of retired folks.  Most are snowbirds but some, like Audrey and Jim, live here year round.



Quite often there are garage sales.  One morning, on the way to breakfast, we stopped at an especially large estate sale.  It was so crowded that we decided to have breakfast and return later.


Here are some of us getting ready for breakfast at a local restaurant.



When we returned to the estate sale, the crowd had thinned out.  We shopped around.  I found some miniatures of Amsterdam houses.  These are given to customers who fly first class on KLM.  They are quite small, only about a couple of inches tall.  I figured I would take them back to Cuenca.

When we returned home, I went on eBay and tried to figure out their value.  I had paid only $3.00 for all five pieces.

When I discovered the center piece had sold recently for $349.00, I decided to put the 5 houses on eBay and try to sell them.  If they didn't sell I would keep them as originally intended.



I listed them for $300.00.  Within 24 hours I sold them.  

Here is a picture from my computer screen of the ad.


I used to post things on eBay all the time when I lived in the USA.  I haven't posted anything in over 10 years.  

This was so much fun.

Next post I will share about our visit with Clarke and Brenda, and about a great adventure at the
Arizona Desert Museum.

Love,
Nancy

2 comments:

  1. Wow wheeler dealer Nancy! My mom had a bunch if thise little houses, I have no idea what happened to them...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peter, The item of value was the long building, it is the Royal Palace in Amsterdam. The other houses bring approx. $5 - $25 each on an eBay a uction.

      Delete

Comments are welcome.