Join me on INSTAGRAM, my name is ecuadorchick.

Thursday, March 22, 2018

Adventures in India - Part 11 (Produce Markets)

Dear Family and Friends,

We were riding down the road, saw a market and our tour guide had the bus driver pull over so we could have a look around.



It was such an awesome experience.

Here is a lady selling bananas by the stalk.



Beautifully arranged betel leaves.



I'm not sure if these are black eye peas, if they aren't they are definitely closely related.



This lady is selling peanuts.



These ladies are selling banana leaves.  In this part of the world they can be used at plates for a meal. 



I think this lady is selling tamarind.



This lady has a stall, selling onions, potatoes and green peppers.




Chuck was out early one morning at another produce market.  Here are some of his pictures.




I love this banana street picture.



Chuck said this man is filling the large white bags with chili peppers.  The peppers will be sold wholesale to market vendors.



Another market view.



There is so much beautiful produce in India.  Good thing they can grow a lot of food, they certainly have a lot of mouths to feed.  

Looking back at these pictures makes me want to go to our market here in Cuenca and cook!  What has gotten into me???

Love,
Nancy

2 comments:

  1. This reminds me of the Tuesday market in San Miguell de Allende. A riot of colour, proud people. Yes, go to your market a do some cooking, it's fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peter, I am going to do just that. We invited friends to share lunch with us on Sunday.

      Delete

Comments are welcome.