Join me on INSTAGRAM, my name is ecuadorchick.

Saturday, March 24, 2018

Adventures in India - Part 13 (Elephants)

Dear Family and Friends,

We had a fun visit to an elephant reserve.  In northern India when we rode an elephant we had a nice crib like seat, where we could just hop on and enjoy!  Not this time, we had to straddle the elephant and we had no driver, just us.  Of course the elephant knew where we were going so we didn't need a driver.


This was my view from the top of the elephant.


We followed the elephant ahead of us.


The elephant mahout asked for my camera.  I took it from around my neck and handed it to him.  He made some really nice pictures of us.


Look at the joyful surprise on our faces when the elephant raised his trunk.


Another great picture.


After the ride, we were able to feed our elephant some bananas as a thank you for our ride.



We posed for pictures.

And I had to give him a big hug.


We had a demonstration of an elephants strength.  This elephant is carrying around a teak log (very heavy wood) in his mouth.




We witnessed this tourist helping to bath an elephant.  I know the elephant was enjoying the bath because it was quite warm and I am sure the water felt good. She was encouraged to get up on the back of the elephant.


After she got up on his back, the elephant drew in some water and threw it back and drenched her.

Elephants have a great sense of humor!!



It was a fun day.

Love,
Nancy

1 comment:

  1. Nancy - are you going to bring one of those home to Cuenca - as the ultimate souvenir ?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome.