Join me on INSTAGRAM, my name is ecuadorchick.

Sunday, February 6, 2022

I Think I See A Light at the End of this Dark Covid Tunnel

Dear Family and Friends,

For two years all of us have been experiencing this pandemic. For me, the first year of the pandemic was not too difficult.  We stayed pretty much isolated at first, and then after about six months, we started touring Educador.  I posted during the first year of the pandemic in this blog.  

The second year of this pandemic has been more difficult on me than I have wanted to admit.  One year ago, the vaccine was rolling out in the United States.  With me being in my mid seventies and Chuck in his early eighties, we were anxious to get vaccinated. The roll out was by age and although Chuck was eligible in the U.S. before me, we waited until my age group was eligible and then went online and requested an appointment to be vaccinated in Tucson, AZ.   

We received an appointment for Tuesday, February 16th.  We booked airline tickets,  got our PCR test and flew to Tucson.  We arrived in Tucson on Saturday evening and were vaccinated within three days.  

We stayed in Tucson for about four months.  We got our second vaccine, and after a few weeks, felt secure enough to visit with our family.  We even took Matt for his annual vacation and visited grandkids in Minnesota. 

Now one would think that things would be a lot better for me emotionally having been vaccinated.  Since being vaccinated one year ago, we have spent only four months here in Ecuador.  The rest of the time has been in Arizona.  

We came back to Cuenca about three weeks ago and slowly I am starting to feel much better.  The tranquility here is soothing.  

These have been dark times for me.  I had stopped posting to Facebook, Instagram and to this blog.  Now that I am feeling more hopeful and the sunshine is coming back into my life, I hope to be posting again on this blog.   

Since I have not posted in over a year, I wanted to let you know why.  I am sharing all this because others may be having the same issues.  I believe we are coming to the end of the pandemic within a few months. It is my wish that we can all start healing emotionally and get back to our creative, loving selves that we are born to be.  

Love,

Nancy



10 comments:

  1. Hope springs eternal...haha,,, Things do seem to be a little better. I will attempt to be positive , that is not cynical, at least people here wear masks without screaing about rights.
    the end of the tunnel may exit into a different place.
    Two friends were talking and one asked the othe: Ellis, have you seen the light??
    And he said: YES and it says "Budweiser...Budweiser".
    __________________
    Have a nicr day yall !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes sir, it's good to be back home again!!! Sending love from Ecuador.

      Delete
  2. 🌺🌹🎵Good to hear your doing good, this pandemic is rough for sure..Hopefully you both can get back to what you love, and travels are in your future..Love running into Matt to get some updates on you two..Stay safe and keep on smiling..Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terrie, Thank you so much. We all want to get back to normal. Normal, like hugging friends, being able to travel, and all of us not living in fear.

      Delete
  3. I too went to a dark place.. I am attempting to crawl out. Thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome.