Join me on INSTAGRAM, my name is ecuadorchick.

Friday, September 5, 2008

Family Get Together at Ezell's Catfish Cabin

Since Chuck and I were only in Columbus, Georgia for three days we decided to call a family meeting at Ezell's Catfish Cabin. Ezell's is a catfish restaurant. Catfish is very popular with our family and most other Columbus folks.


For this post I had help with the photographs from my cousin, Larry Day


and from his granddaughter, Shannon Day.

We were able to visit with each other while we waited for the restaurant staff to get us a nice big table.
Once we were seated, our orders were taking right away.


Here is a picture of family at the other end of the table.


For those of you who have never been to a catfish restaurant, (Fish Camp), I am sharing some pictures of what we enjoyed.

These are hushpuppies. As soon as you are seated at Ezell's, they bring the hushpuppies and coleslaw. These hushpuppies are little balls of deep fried corn meal dough. They have chopped onion and bits of jalapeƱo peppers inside.


Almost everything at this restaurant is deep fried. Here is some corn meal battered fried okra.


The main course, corn meal battered catfish and some cheese grits. Baked potatoes or fries are a popular side dish also.


This is just one of many catfish bone yards left on the table after we had finished eating..


We visited some more after eating and had a wonderful time. We posed for a group shot before leaving.



This is only a small fraction of the family I grew up with in Columbus. Now we are spread out all over the country. I guess the last time we were all together was when my grandmother, Mama Jessie, passed away.

When we left Ezell's they were closing for the night.


Sometimes it seems a little sad that we will never all be together again at once. I am fortunate to have many treasured memories of Christmas, summertime on the river or swimming at Aunt Opal's house with my cousins. These people are part of me and of who I am...and although Chuck and I are moving to Ecuador, we will be visiting as often as we can. We also hoping our family comes to come to Ecuador to visit us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome.