Join me on INSTAGRAM, my name is ecuadorchick.

Monday, April 20, 2009

Family Happiness

Dear Family and Friends,

It has been a long, long time since I have had the opportunity to update our blog. As I have mentioned before our house in the U.S. had everything shut off except for gas, water and electricity. I did not have a land line telephone, a television, internet access or even a computer.

Now I am back in Ecuador and I have all the tools I need to update our blog.

After our son was out of the hospital and was feeling better, I decided to visit relatives in Columbus, Georgia and Dallas, Texas. Since I only have 90 days a year that I can be outside of Ecuador (a requirement for the first two years of residency) I decided to see all the loved ones possible while I was in the states.

Here are some pictures of my family in Columbus. We all met at a favorite catfish restaurant - Ezells.

Here we are, all gathered around the table placing our orders.


This is my sweet cousin, Linda. She and I grew up together. My family is a big part of who I am.


Here I am with my cousin, Janis. She and I share an enthusiasm for motor scooters.


Here is my cousin Bo, and his wife Betsy. I was fortunate to see them. They do not live in Columbus but were there visiting our family also. (more about Betsy and Bo in the next blog).

This is the catfish remains of just one cousin's dinner. Yes, we do love catfish.


My Aunt Mildred was not able to make the catfish dinner. She was recovering from a recent fall. She is living in an assisted living home. She is pretty much the matriarch of the family now. I love her so much and I am so glad I was able to visit with her.

It was a short trip of only three days, but it was so wonderful to see all the ones that I love so.

"Happiness is having loved ones in your life."

Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome.