Join me on INSTAGRAM, my name is ecuadorchick.

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Back in the USA

Dear Family and Friends,

Chuck and I have been in the United States for a little over a week now.  We landed in Seattle last Wednesday late.  We rented a car, visited with family and friends, and then drove to our old home in Richland on Friday.

We spent the weekend in Richland visiting with family and friends.  Here is Chuck swimming with our grand kids, Heidi and Cannon. Lucky for us, we will see them again before we head back to Ecuador.



On Tuesday morning we turned in our rental car, got into our car we have yet to sell and started our road trip to visit family and friends in the U.S.  Right now we are on our way to Minnesota to visit with our daughter, son-in-law and 9 grandchildren.  We plan to arrive tomorrow.

We had a nice scenic trip across Montana.  Unfortunately, this part of the trip is heads down and the only pictures I have taken have been from the car window going 75 mph.

Here is a picture I took yesterday morning just outside of Missoula, Montana.  The sun was just coming up and was lighting the tops of the mountains in the distance.


The early morning light made for some grand scenery.



I took this picture of Chuck at a rest stop. You better believe I had to go to the bathroom pretty bad to still have a need after reading this sign.  I not only stayed on the sidewalk, I watched very carefully.



Tonight we are in Fargo, ND.

Tomorrow....hugging time!!

Love,
Nancy and Chuck

2 comments:

  1. Hope you guys are having fun. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fargo ND?

    On one of my bicycle trips (coast to coast), i pedaled west to east across ND. As I recall it was abut 400 miles of sunflowers. Fascinating.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome.