Join me on INSTAGRAM, my name is ecuadorchick.

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Home in Cuenca, Ecuador

Dear Family and Friends,

Chuck and I arrived in Cuenca Thursday night about 8:30pm.  We were very tired, we came home and went to bed shortly after we arrived.

Friday, Chuck was his energizer bunny self.  I, on the other hand, felt like I had a hangover, my head felt like it had cotton in it.  That is what happens to me when I travel all day.  My body retains fluid and.... well, you don't want to hear the details.  The bottom line is that I didn't unpack and do laundry until Saturday.

By Sunday I was better acclimated to the altitude and had rested well from our travel.  This was a good thing because we have a standing date with Rich and Nancy to walk and have a nice Sunday morning breakfast together.

To be honest, this is always a highlight of our week.

Here we are in the central park, Parque Calderon, after our breakfat.  We walked all the way to town, up the stairs and ate at the California Kitchen.  We always like to mosey down to the park to check out everything.

Since we were doing a "do it yourself" portrait, Rich and I took turns handing off the camera.

This first picture I took.


This picture Rich took.


You will notice that Chuck is sporting his new Colombian hat.  Rich was disappointed that Chuck didn't buy the matching earrings to wear with it.

We really felt like we were home again after Sunday morning.

Love,
Nancy



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome.